PROTEIN CARROT CAKE - KIN NUTRITION
- 2 cups flour (Half self raising, half oat flour)
- 1/4 cup KIN vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons sweet cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon caramel extract
- 1 cup Sweet Freedom Fruit Syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts (soaked, drained and rinsed)½
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked, drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup Sweet Freedom Fruit Syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Fold in the carrots and stir until just combined.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cake cool completely before frosting.
- Make the frosting: combine all frosting ingredients into a high speed blender. Blend until very smooth.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before spreading.
Recipe by @rosieebrownn
Make sure to tag us on Instagram - @kin_nutrition!